Featured Evening Event Friday May 18:
Unite! Inspire! Resist! An Evening of Arts to Oppose NATO
Singer/songwriter David Rovics and an acoustic set by rockers OUTERNATIONAL unplugged headline an evening of music, spoken word, and more celebrating our resistance! With American Friends Service Committee’s Windows & Mirrors exhibition of art from and about the war in Afghanistan on display and speakers from countries targeted by NATO and the US.
Sponsored by World Can’t Wait
Suggested donation $10 and up. Your contributions will go towards supporting World Can’t Wait’s antiwar presence in the streets of Chicago this May, activating, energizing and mobilizing people around the message that Humanity and the Planet Come First. As the US and NATO attempt to justify the continuation of conventional and covert drone war in Afghanistan and around the world, we will be be there too, exposing their crimes through creative protest.
Seating is limited, be sure to get your ticket(s) while they’re still available!
• World Can’t Wait will be presenting at the People’s Summit,
co-sponsored by Occupy Chicago.
• Outreach to schools & communities here inBarack Obama’shometown, where people are being propagandized to welcome NATO as “humanitarian interveners”
• Orange jumpsuit contingents will expose NATO’s role in the U.S. torture-detention network
• Join the kNOw drones tour of parks and shopping areas.
• Join veterans of the U.S. wars on Iraq & Afghanistan visiting high schools to teach the youth about the human cost of wars.
Feature Evening Event for Monday May 14th: Film Screening of “5 Days In Denver”
ABOUT THE FILM:
For 5 days in 2008, a group of protesters calling themselves Re-create 68 took to the streets of Denver to dissent against the American government at the Democratic National Convention (DNC). Defying federal court orders, riot police and bad press, this motley assemblage of men and women ranging in age from 21 to 71, set out to ‘re-create the spirit of the sixties’ and exercise their version of democracy with their voices and bodies as their only political capital.
7:00pm at Multikulti 1000 N. Milwaukee Ave., Chicago, IL 60642
Sign up on facebook
Friday, May 18
• World Can’t Wait’s “International Voices for Humanity & the Planet” David Rovics headlines an evening of story, poetry, inspiration, resistance to U.S./NATO war crimes– plus an acoustic set by rockers Outernational. Sponsored by World Can’t Wait
7 pm, St. Luke’s Logan Square, 2649 N. Francisco, Chicago
Sunday, May 20
• 1st Day of NATO Summit
9 am – Anti-war Veterans March,
Grant Park at E. Balbo & Columbus Dr.
12 noon – Mass March: Say NO to NATO!
Meet at Petrillo Shell, Jackson Blvd & Columbus Dr., Chicago
Monday, May 21
• 2nd Day of NATO Summit
Occupy Chicago – Action in Formation
Sign up to find out about ALL the Chicago WCW actions:
Find us on Facebook Chicago World Can’t Wait • Twitter:@ChicagoWCW